Greek Syrop Soaked Coconut balls
A very delicious, easy to bake, syrup soaked treat. You only need a few ingredients, to get these tasty Greek Syrop Soaked Coconut balls ready!
- 500 gr self-rising flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup carbonated orangade (f.e. fanta)
- orange zest
- 200 gr shredded coconut
For the syrop
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lemon peel
- In a bowl mix the vegetable oil, the orangade, the orange zest and 50 gr. of the shredded coconut.
- Gradually add the self-rising flour until you get a soft dough that will not stick to your fingers. (maybe it will not be necessary to add all the flour)
- Get about 20-25 gr. of the dough at a time and shape into little balls. Place them in an oven pan covered with non-stick paper.
- Bake at 200° C until they get light brown, about 20 minutes. Let them cool down. In a pot add the water, the granulated sugar and the lemon peel and boil for 5 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- In a pot add the water, the granulated sugar and the lemon peel and boil for 5 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Pour the hot syrup over the coconut balls and let them soak it. Turn them upside down to help the soak syrup all over. Remove from the syrup and sprinkle all over with the rest of the shredded coconut.
- Let them cool completely and enjoy!
Βαθμολόγησε τη Συνταγή
View all comments